Sunday, February 27, 2011

Midway in the Mideast Semester

Days here are like weeks and the weeks are like days. Between class, meals, the city, the sights, homework, and socializing, I find myself overwhelmed with things to write and record, but no energy to actually compose my thoughts.

I have seen where David slew Goliath. I have herded sheep. I have gone to synagogues, churches, and museums. I have eaten too much pita and nutella. I have written a 20 page paper on Palestine. I have walked through waist deep water in an ancient tunnel built by Hezekiah. I have wondered streets in Arab neighborhoods. I have sung hymns at the Garden Tomb. I have celebrated Passover. I have danced like an Israeli. I have learned both sides of the conflict. I have painted a mural in a school. I have loved and still love living here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment